Skip to content

Think, then cut

February 1, 2009

With my recent travel – and the required family time pre and post travel – I haven’t had a lot of time to work on K-9 until this weekend. The picture below shows where I left off before Lotusphere.


I had intended to build K-9’s base out of three hollow “boxes” that would easily stack on top of each other. I probably should have built the frame first and then attached the exterior to the frame. But I didn’t think that far ahead. I cut the sheets first and used the dowels to join the sheets at the corners. Since the  sheets were only 1/8″ thick, they had a lot of give. This led to boxes which were ridiculously out of alignment. To work with what I had, I attached the front face of each (would be) box to the front face of the lower box and then installed the sides and rear for that layer.


From → K-9

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: