And back to K-9
Way back when, I started this blog to chronicle my efforts to build a robot dog modeled after K-9 from Doctor Who. His external shell has been built for a while. Still needs a few odds and ends, like a dog collar, but looks pretty good.
For the first time in a while, I was able to give him a couple of hours. Back in August I described how I had written a little app in REALbasic to let my MacBook turn on a LED connected to an Arduino running Firmata. This weekend I went back to that code and re-wrote it in the form of an REALbasic class. In essence, I now have a little API for writing apps on my Mac that control the Arduino’s digital output ports without having to worry about the underlying plumbing. This is a minor step towards using the drive system I bought back in December.